VeloTrainer

Cliquer !

jeudi 22 septembre 2011

Day 2 - Road World Championships 2011 Copenhagen - Time Trial Men Jr. + Elite Women

Gold: Mads Würtz Schmidt, Denmark: "It was a very hot seat - but I made it. It is the biggest day of my life. I haven´t realised yet that I´m actually world champion - I think it will take me some days to realise. I knew I had the fastest time at every time check - I had Morten Bennekou (junior coach) in the car behind me and he told me. I wasn´t worried about the speed - actually I increased the speed through the race. It is just amazine - it is unbelievable". Silver: James Oram, New Zealand: "I always go to races with the ambitions to win. To be in the hot seat pretty much all day and still end up on the podium is amazing, I couldn´t have asked for more. I´m over the moon actually. I came to the Worlds with the expectation of being extremely happy to finish in the top five. Bronze: David Edwards, Australia: "I am really happy about my bronze medal - I was a very good nice circuit, there were parts with wind and other parts with no wind and there were many technical turns. I liked racing inside the city - the crowds were amazing". With a solid performance on the wet streets of Copenhagen, german powerhouse Judith Arndt had enough stength in her legs towards the end to resist any pressure from her rivals, as she secured the gold with a 21 second gap to New Zealand´s Linda Willumsen and last years champion Emma Poley from Great Britain. Arndt proved the stronger rider on the decisive kilometers in a wet and windy Copenhagen in a close Women Time Trial with 11 riders finishing within a minut of each other. In a very close battle for silver and bronze, former danish rider Linda Willumsen won the hearts of her former countrymen, as she succeeded in winning yet another WC medal for New Zealand 2,4 seconds ahead of Great Britain´s Emma Pooley.

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire